Day 2 of M.I.A. packed just as much of a musical punch as the first. All the acts that hit the stage brought their A game with them. Turn UP!
M.I.A was unbelievable this year. Can’t wait to TURN UP next year!
Summer may be coming to a close but the festivals are ongoing – here, there and everywhere. Find one of these culture bombs happening around the world during September.
1. Mariachi Festival, Guadalajara, México – August 28-September 8, the event that encapsulates the heart of Mexican culture fills the streets with folkloric music, dancing and costume. Learn more at http://www.mariachi-jalisco.com.mx.
2. Hawai’i Food and Wine Festival, Maui and Oahu, Hawaii – September 1-9, the “premier epicurean event in the Pacific” takes place on one of the world’s most treasured islands. Visit http://hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com for more info.
3. Dublin Fashion Festival, Dublin, Ireland – September 5-8, fashionistas shop from over 250 retailers while enjoying elements of fun and theatre in their shopping experiences. Visit http://dff.ie.
4. Toronto International Film Festival, Canada -September 5-15 over 300 films from more than 60 countries will be screened at tiff., dubbed as the most important film fest after Cannes. See more at www.tiff.net.
5. FringeArts Festival, Philadelphia, PA – September 5-22, the City of Brotherly Love awakens with provocative contemporary art, both visual and performance. For more info, visit http://www.fringearts.com.
Photo by Heiko Kalmbach
6. Budapest International Wine Fest, Budapest, Hungary – September 11-15 Wine University, wine tasting, a harvest parade, etc. All that plus traditional Hungarian food and culture at their annual festival. Info at http://www.aborfesztival.hu.
7. Koktebel Jazz Festival, Koktebel, Ukraine – September 12-15 the airwaves of this Ukrainian resort town are jammed with jazz notes and over 30,000 music lovers. Over 300 musicians from 15 countries perform. Visit http://www.jazz.koktebel.info/en/.
8. Floriade Flower Festival, Canberra, Australia – September 14-October 13, the finest of Australian horticulture unviels. More info at http://www.floriadeaustralia.com/program/
9. London Design Festival, London, UK – September 14-22 product launches, international exhibitions, seminars, trade events and more all happen at what’s considered one of the most important annual design events. A mix of commercial and culture for, there’s something from professionals and passersby. Learn more at http://www.londondesignfestival.com/.
Picture by Cityscope
10. Bangkok’s International Festival of Dance & Music, Bangkok, Thailand – September 15-October 14. Opera, ballet, music and dance unite for the largest performing arts festival in Thailand. http://www.bangkokfestivals.com/home/
11. Oktober Fest, Munich, Germany – September 21-October 6. One word: beer. http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/
AP Photo/Matthias Schrader
Thanks for reading 🙂
Sooo this year’s D.E.B was held at……30th Street Station! We all dined and danced on the JFK Bridge, which leads to the biggest transportation hub in the city. If you’re not from the area, pay it a visit on your next trip. Below are some of the 2,500 stylish guests in blanc, elegant decor and happy faces. A little bit of FrEnglish too!
Had no idea we were feet away from the main event.
French-looking platter.Global Lipstick, Denise Fike and her fashion-forward hat.
Eiffel Tower Table. Les Cupcakes
La Lovely Lady
D.E.B in a ville near you ;-).
Those glasses…winniiiing.Dapper Gents
Les sparklers! Light up the city.
More sparkler fun.
Emily Tharp, blogger behind HerPhilly. J’adore!
And j’adore her dress!
New friend 🙂 She WAS the party!
Had to make it to the stage…
Quick break inside the station.
Then back to la fête with Kory Aversa, one of the many brains behind the magic!
Merci beaucoup to all that put this together. See you next summer!!
El Festival Crop Over de Barbados se ha acabado :-(. Pero terminó con mucha diversión. Eso es el concepto del Día Gran Kadooment! Es su gran final, que tiene lugar anualmente el primer lunes de Agosto. Bad Gal RiRi (Rihanna) asistió y festejó como una nativa verdadera de Barbados. Los isleños lo hacen mejor! Mira.
Foto: Curtis Means/ACE
Foto: Nation News
No más fiesta 😦
Barbados’ Crop Over Festival has come to an end :-(. But it did so with a bang. That’s the nature of Grand Kadooment Day! It’s their big finale, held annually on the first Monday in August. Bad Gal RiRi of course was present and partying in true Bajan fashion. Islanders do it best! Look and see.
Photo: Curtis Means/ACE
Photo: Nation News
The Party Dun!
Congratulations are in order for Kinee Diouf! She is the first Black model to claim the cover of Vogue Nederland, coming in July. This issue coincidentally or strategically debuts on the heels of their controversial May issue, which featured a Dutch model painted in blackface. Some say it’s a subtle apology. Possibly. And given that most of Ms. Diouf’s pictures are from a distance instead of close-up, I may agree. But controversy aside, she KILLED the shoot, done by esteemed photographer, Ishi. The spread took place at Paradis Plage Resort in Agadir, Morocco. Vibrant scenery, prints and lipstick. Caution: fierce flicks ahead!
新年好! Google translate tells me that means Happy New Year in traditional Chinese. Welcome to the Year of the Snake, said to bring much success to all those looking to study more and deliver on their promises. Normally, I stay far, far away from anything snake-ish. But between that prediction and looking at this artistry, I might…might come around to waving to one at a zoo.
Wooo Hooooo! What a historical day to celebrate. Today, January 21st, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, America’s president was sworn into his second term. No matter how opinions differ, this day will be forever marked in history and these two men will be remembered for what they are: legends. Congratulations, President Barack Obama. And thank you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for being one of many that battled, believed and triumphed. They have motivated me and countless others in the world. Take a look…
Fine Art Photographer ~ Daring to be Different
because anything is possible with Charisma
Grab a Glass of Wine and Let Me Tell You About My Day!
Latest Updates, Electric Bikes Reviews, Tips & Stories from Biking Enthusiasts
Philadelphia blog about fun and unique adventures, arts, foods, people and events.
We all need a few life hacks
American & Multinational Fashion, Product, and Art
** OFFICIAL Site of Artist Ray Ferrer **
Author of the Plays The Sweepers, Seven Rabbits on a Pole and the novel Oliver Pepper's Pickle writes about his life in FOOD!