Summer may be coming to a close but the festivals are ongoing – here, there and everywhere. Find one of these culture bombs happening around the world during September.
1. Mariachi Festival, Guadalajara, México – August 28-September 8, the event that encapsulates the heart of Mexican culture fills the streets with folkloric music, dancing and costume. Learn more at http://www.mariachi-jalisco.com.mx.
2. Hawai’i Food and Wine Festival, Maui and Oahu, Hawaii – September 1-9, the “premier epicurean event in the Pacific” takes place on one of the world’s most treasured islands. Visit http://hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com for more info.
3. Dublin Fashion Festival, Dublin, Ireland – September 5-8, fashionistas shop from over 250 retailers while enjoying elements of fun and theatre in their shopping experiences. Visit http://dff.ie.
4. Toronto International Film Festival, Canada -September 5-15 over 300 films from more than 60 countries will be screened at tiff., dubbed as the most important film fest after Cannes. See more at www.tiff.net.
5. FringeArts Festival, Philadelphia, PA – September 5-22, the City of Brotherly Love awakens with provocative contemporary art, both visual and performance. For more info, visit http://www.fringearts.com.
Photo by Heiko Kalmbach
6. Budapest International Wine Fest, Budapest, Hungary – September 11-15 Wine University, wine tasting, a harvest parade, etc. All that plus traditional Hungarian food and culture at their annual festival. Info at http://www.aborfesztival.hu.
7. Koktebel Jazz Festival, Koktebel, Ukraine – September 12-15 the airwaves of this Ukrainian resort town are jammed with jazz notes and over 30,000 music lovers. Over 300 musicians from 15 countries perform. Visit http://www.jazz.koktebel.info/en/.
8. Floriade Flower Festival, Canberra, Australia – September 14-October 13, the finest of Australian horticulture unviels. More info at http://www.floriadeaustralia.com/program/
9. London Design Festival, London, UK – September 14-22 product launches, international exhibitions, seminars, trade events and more all happen at what’s considered one of the most important annual design events. A mix of commercial and culture for, there’s something from professionals and passersby. Learn more at http://www.londondesignfestival.com/.
Picture by Cityscope
10. Bangkok’s International Festival of Dance & Music, Bangkok, Thailand – September 15-October 14. Opera, ballet, music and dance unite for the largest performing arts festival in Thailand. http://www.bangkokfestivals.com/home/
11. Oktober Fest, Munich, Germany – September 21-October 6. One word: beer. http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/
AP Photo/Matthias Schrader
Thanks for reading 🙂